Antimicrobial efficacy tests of materials.
Like living beings, materials can be affected by the colonization and subsequent action of various microorganisms. The proliferation of these microorganisms on the surface or matrix of materials can damage their structural integrity by reducing their durability, and partial or total loss of their properties and performance.
For this reason, ENSATEC offers its customers the possibility to determine the capacity of a material to:
- Resist the colonization and proliferation of these microorganisms (biostatic effect).
- Eliminate these microorganisms by contact (biocidal effect).
We provide a comprehensive service, from the selection of the most appropriate test to each target material or microorganism to the contribution of possible solutions through our R&D service.
Some of the tests we carry out focus on bactericidal, fungicide,levuricide or alguicide activity, for which we have a large collection of type crops (ATCC) that we use in a large number of standardized standards, some of them are:
- EN ISO 846 Evaluation of the action of microorganisms.
- EN ISO 16187 Antibacterial evaluation for footwear and footwear materials.
- EN ISO 20645 Determination of antibacterial activity in textile fabrics.
- EN ISO 20743 Determination of antibacterial activity of textile products.
- EN ISO 22196 Medida de la actividad antibacteriana en plásticos y otras superficies no porosas.
- JIS Z 2801 Test de actividad y eficacia antimicrobiana según Japanese Industrial Standard.
- Test Kirby-Bauer (test cualitativo de inhibición del crecimiento microbiano).
- Otras normativas internacionales (ASTM…)